I often ask myself what it is about tea that has me coming back for more. I imagine many of you have asked yourself something similar as well. Here is my answer and I challenge you to answer this question as well. I’d love to hear about your reasons…
1. So many choices, endless possibilities, a flavor vacation all over the planet without so much as leaving my home.
2. Health Benefits? Well, I am certainly happy there are health benefits but for me it’s more exciting that there are no serious health side effects. Basically, I would be drinking tea despite the fact that there all sorts of amazing health claims.
3. I love the way it tastes. I much prefer the taste of tea to pop, juices, milk, even water. If tea was bad for me I’d be in a heap of trouble.
4. As many of you know I have diabetes and have had it since my early 20’s, which basically means I’ve had it even longer without knowing it. Being diabetic plus I am also vegetarian it makes for difficult and limited choices when it comes to food and drink. Yes, I can have many of the things everyone else can have but it is so much more limited. In most cases I have to avoid certain things altogether. Unfortunately, I’m one of those people where if you tell me “no” I want it even more. Tea absolutely fills my urge to gravitate towards the foods and drinks I can’t have and helps be to avoid them. It’s actually amazing. I can have “Coconut Cream Cheese Cake” by sipping a cup of Honeybush tea from 52teas. If I want something slightly sweet and creamy I can drink an inviting cup of Milk Oolong from thepuritea. Even if I feel like taking trip through memory lane I can drink a hot cup of Sticky Rice Pu-Erh provided by +Tony Gebely of Chicago Tea Garden.
5. Lastly, and it isn’t so much to do with the tea but more to do with “tea people.” I meet and have met so many wonderful tea fanatics just like me. Such as @Tea Trade Jackie and Pete, Vivek Lochan, Courtney Powers, @the_devotea Robert Godden, @lahikmajoe Ken Macbeth, @teaconomics Billy Dietz, Verity Fisher, Jennifer Bliss just to name a few. Tell me about any other beverage that can do that.
Tea is such am amazing thing and …. (ok this is going to be cheesy) My name is Rachel Carter and I am addicted to tea!
So what’s your story?
When I am not running after the kids, managing the household, and homeschooling my oldest I enjoy blogging about my passions and how it applies to my life.
Thank you for reading!