New Additions To The Family

Just recently purchased two new Gaiwans for my rather lacking collection.  With the addition of these two I now have three.  I particularly like these because they are larger than the first one I have a the material is thicker and stronger making them better for everyday use.  The one I have always had is a bit more dainty and made of fine bone china.  I am always worried I will break it, plus it is much to small for a proper cup.  Below the first two pictures are of my two new pieces, the dragon and crane.  The other two pictures are imagines of my first Gaiwan on either side as they have different imagines on both.

Profile photo of iheartteas

iheartteas

Hi, my name is Rachana Rachel Carter.I am a long time tea addict, foodie, and wine enthusiast. Along with all my passions at the core I am a huge health and fitness advocate.Plus a bit of a geek and as crafty as can be.

Thank you for reading!
Profile photo of iheartteas

Latest posts by iheartteas (see all)

Profile photo of iheartteas

iheartteas

Hi, my name is Rachana Rachel Carter. I am a long time tea addict, foodie, and wine enthusiast. Along with all my passions at the core I am a huge health and fitness advocate. Plus a bit of a geek and as crafty as can be. When I am not running after the kids, managing the household, and homeschooling my oldest I enjoy blogging about my passions and how it applies to my life. Thank you for reading!

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Profile photo of Amy Amy says:

Those are beautiful! I have two gaiwans and they are both white, boring I know.

2. I still don’t own one.

3. Profile photo of Xavier Xavier says:

I am like @thedevotea and I like more the two top pictures.

4. Profile photo of iheartteas iheartteas says:

Thanks @AmyOh and no, not boring at all. I don’t have a white one and want one. We always want what we don’t have.

I am shocked @thedevotea I figured you would have one for sure. Not sure why I felt that way but for some reason I did and actually despite what you have told me here I still sort of think you have one. Weird, I know.

Thanks @xavier I started using the crane one today and I already love it and see why so many people enjoy using Gaiwans frequently.

5. Katrina says:

Ooohhh! I love the dragon. The boldness of the color is so striking! I have a white one and one with pale green patterns.

6. Profile photo of Jackie Jackie says:

Beautiful – thanks for sharing them. I’ve pinned them too. At time of writing the blue dragon had 12 repins and 5 likes, and the crane one had 3 repins and 1 like. So on Pinterest at least the dragon is the current favorite! It’s mine too.

7. Profile photo of iheartteas iheartteas says:

Thanks @teapages and @jackie I plan on showing them on Thursday. Just an FYI 🙂

8. Profile photo of liberteas liberteas says:

Your gaiwan collection is lovely! I actually just have two gaiwans now, I gave my other one away. This one is the one I use regularly: http://www.jas-etea.com/jingdezhen-easy-gaiwan-blue-on-white-phoenix-100ml/ I love it because it is a nice size and also because it has those little notches that I call “handles” that keep my fingers from getting burned when I pour. The spout and holes for pouring make it easy also.

My other gaiwan is part of a full set that I received as a gift that includes a pitcher, 10 cups, gaiwan, and a warmer. It’s very nice, and I probably will never end up using it because I don’t really ever do the whole ceremony thing … but it’s nice to have it. And it is one of the most thoughtful gifts I’ve ever received.

9. Profile photo of iheartteas iheartteas says:

Thanks @LiberTeas and I also love yours as well. As for the set you have. Tell and use it at least once. Nothing formal maybe just for yourself but still give it go at least once. 🙂

Skip to toolbar